Optimus Prime
Speed Racer
I have to clarify that I actually love Halloween, it's one of my most favorite holidays! This year we seemed to have so many things to go to and do though, that by the time Halloween, the actual day arrived we, or maybe I was totally burned out.
We had a cute Rec. center activity for Oliver. It was so neat. All of the seniors passed out candy, organized games and read stories to the preschool kids. One particular eccentric fellow dressed as a bottle of beer and kept offering a bottle to all of the kids, luckily none of them understood the humor, what a funny guy. Oliver had such a great time. Lincoln had his school party on Friday, which his dad volunteered to help with, so that made it extra special. Then we had our ward Trunk or Treat Friday night, and tonight went trick or treating with one of Lincoln's best pals, Donald and his mom Sally.
My camera is totally not working, the flash decided to die, perfect timing. I took a couple shots anyway, but they were so dark. I did my best to lighten them up, but as you can see it messed with the colors and clarity. Oh well, it's something , right?
Donald and Lincoln had so much fun together. They laughed, joked, skipped along, and tripped a lot, what a riot we all had. I was so happy they were both being so kind and polite remembering to say their thank you's at every door. Oliver had fun for the first 20 minutes or so, and then was ready to call it an evening. Every time we passed something even remotely scary he reminded me that he wanted to go back home. Just for the record I really hate those horribly scary Michael Myers masks, they freak me out, and tonight made Oliver cry and shake for ten minutes. Note to self: Never let my older sons wear terrifying costumes out trick or treating it's takes the fun right out of it for all of the little ones.
Best part of the evening after getting home late and speedily trying to get teeth brushed and children off to bed, Lincoln brought me a chocolate candy bar and asked if I would help him write a note to dad. He wrote: Dad, this was one of my favorite halloween candies! It's for you, cause you missed trick or treating, Love, Lincoln
It's at times like these when, I really love my job!
And now we have our candy supply for the year, Happy Halloween everyone!



1 comment:
Michael told me that you guys are moving. I'm so sad (I mean, I'm glad for you guys and a new job), but we'll miss you!
Post a Comment