Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Linc's Drive-In Party

The amazing invite Josh made.

Lincoln's 6th birthday ended up being so fun. We new it would be a little crazy with grandparents here, so we opted to do a small party with just a few friends. I think I prefer this kind of party, it was great being able to get to know some of Linc's friends better and it was a lot less stressful than some of the huge parties we've thrown in years past. In the past we've always invited Linc's friends and all of their families and made sure not to leave a single acquaintance out, but our house is pretty small and I knew it would be way to cold and wet to do anything outside, so we downsized this year and had a riot. When we started talking about some different party ideas, I thought having a drive-in theme sounded fun. Then my creative
husband had the idea of building box cars with the kids and letting them each decorate their own. We cut out a bunch of decor(flames, lightening bolts, headlights, licence plates, tires, ect) and the kids went to work. They had so much fun customizing each of their cars. I made some gourmet popcorn, had Caprisuns and they each sat back in their sweet rides to watch Chicken Little.
Lincoln's been really into legos for quite a while now, so he chose a lego cake this year. I got some cool ideas online for the large legos and then just put his favorite lego guys(lego police) on top.

My good friend Sally stayed to help out, which was so sweet of her. Donald and Lincoln met in preschool, they go to different schools now, but we still try to get together for play dates as much as we can.

Adorable Donald always has a smile!

Myles is in Linc's kindergarten class this year.

Linc in his lightening car.


I loved seeing some of the funny places they chose to stick things. Liam, on Linc's right, is also in his class this year.

Oliver felt like one of the big guys, and all of the boys were so nice to include him in everything. I was really impressed with all of these great kids.

Kolby is in Linc's CTR 6 class from our church.

Family shot after the party!

Linc loved having grandpa and grandma there for his party!

So the only person missing from the fabulous day was Seth, Linc's cousin here in New York. My sister and her family only live a few hours away so we obviously invited them up for the party. Unfortunately my sister's been going through some pretty complicated health issues lately and was actually up at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota having surgery. Rusty was planning on bringing the kids, but Grace got sick at the last minute so they couldn't come, but we sure missed them. Seth, we saved you a cool party favor buddy.

No comments: