It was kind of sad to have our last game last weekend. Lincoln enjoyed doing soccer do much and now wants to look into some other programs so that he can keep playing. He had a great team and amazing coaches. Everyone was so kind and encouraging, a perfect first experience for him, we were thrilled. The last few practices and games have been freezing though so it's definitely time to start wrapping the season up.
For the last practice we were all popsicles sitting there and watching, especially Oliver. The coach had us all join in a big parents vs kids game, which was a complete riot. I carried Ollie around on my shoulders and we even scored a goal. Linc scored one too and was thrilled. He said coming home " it's was too bad dad wasn't there, cause then our whole family would've scored a goal, and that would be so cool!"
Linc was the youngest on the team and was always a little self conscious when singled out as such. So you can kind of see a little embarrassment on his face in the picture with his coach. This is because coach is saying " Lincoln is the youngest on our team this year, but definitely packed in more toughness per year than anyone else. " He said some other stuff about his great skills and how he should definitely keep playing, which Lincoln has taken to heart and won't stop asking about. He also carried his trophy around with him for three days.
I of course took my camera knowing there would be some group photos taken after the game. I made sure to charge the battery all morning, but when I got it out to take a picture there was no memory card in it. I hate when I do things like that! Agh!
Anyway one of the others moms on the team was nice enough to send me these pictures, and she even made sure to take some extras of just Lincoln. She saved my skin, thanks Mary Joe.



No comments:
Post a Comment