Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 5 bike trip

One of my most favorite things about spending time with Tres, is that we always end up doing some really fun and active outing. This time it was a really long bike trip, well long for me , anyway. We road from our little village of Fairport, along the Erie canal trail, all the way to Palmyra and back. It was about 23 miles. Josh and I bike often, but usually just short jaunts around town or to the park, so I had no idea if I would be able to do it, but I wanted to try. The trail was beautiful with all of the fall leaves and the weather was perfect. Truthfully it was so much fun, I really didn't start feeling it until the last 3 miles or so. My legs started cramping up and I really didn't know if I would be able to make it back. I slowed down significantly, and couldn't help but start laughing at myself and my turtle of a pace. The guys were patient and encouraging and we eventually made it back. I new that I wouldn't be able to walk for the rest of the week, so I told Tres he'd have to take care of all of the housework.
Tres and Josh standing on a lock.
Cute little boat
This is how the path looks the whole way, so picturesque.
This was an old bridge that obviously came down at some point, but they kept the beautiful supports.

I love these gorgeous fall colors.

Surprisingly, I wasn't even sore the next day, MIRACLE! It's a good thing to, because I had Linc's party to throw.

1 comment:

Debbie Burns said...

Gorgeous! And I love that you're into biking. I'm hoping to pick it up as soon as I can get a bike! Love ya!