It kind of stunk having Linc in school during their visit. It was kind of a first for us. Up until now we've had such freedom to go and do whatever, but gone are those days we now have a school aged child. How weird! Grandma got a shot of him leaving for the bus.
After school we picked Linc up and went to spend some time in the village. Usually we feed the ducks old bread, but while we were in this cute store we noticed some official duck food. We got a bag and as you can see from the pictures, the ducks started swarming, they were seriously coming from all over. The kids were loving it!
Our famous no 90 degree angle lift bridge, it's even listed in the Guinness.
Lincoln sporting his 10th day of school necklace that he made at school.
One of the kids favorite places in the village is Candy Nation, they have so much old school candy that always takes me back to my childhood. I would save up everything I could and ride my back down to a little store called Lawson's. I would spend all of my hard earned money on bags of chico sticks, those little bottles of sugar water, those puff sugar ice cream cones, those candies with the fizz in the middle, sugar daddies, big league chew, and a million other things that I can't think of right now. This store has it all, and then some, we love it. The owner has this adorable cat named Carmel, Oliver just loves her.
The kids also wanted to stop at their other favorite spot, Toy Soldier. It's an amazing toy store in this beautiful old Victorian home, they have all of those really unique sort of things that you can't get at a normal store. We spent most of our time in the book area, until Tres had circled the store about ten times and still seemed ridiculously bored, we thought we put him out of his misery and head.
Ice cream at Lickety Splits. Oliver always wears way more than he eats.
Getting to see the lift bridge in action.
Grandpa Tres thought this was funny, Ollie did not, but
Lincoln did!
A few of the Ferrin men, what a handsome bunch!
Canoeing on the canal.
We ate lunch at What Cha Got Cookin.
Lincoln, Grandpa, and Josh got into a huge water fight, surprise, surprise, unfortunately Ollie and I also suffered the consequences.
Sherry took these photos of Oliver while I was with Linc at soccer practice, I thought they were so cute.
some action pics of Linc! He's had so much fun doing soccer.
I love these guys!



1 comment:
SO fun!! I want to come visit just to go all those places with you guys!!
Post a Comment