Thursday, December 10, 2009

Moving night, Fairport ward to the rescue!

I don't think we could have had a smoother loading up of our house. We have moved many times and each time we have been so blessed to have amazing ward members show up to make it happen. This time was no different, and we were teaming with strong men, willing to serve. I feel so grateful to all of them.


The weather cooperated, and was just a bit misty at times. It's funny, every time I move I think I've accomplished so much, I don't know what else I can do, but every time the moving begins, I see all of the things that I forgot about. It just seems impossible to gather up all of those horrible odds and ends that belong no where, until the very end. It's always the worst part of any move. This time was no different, and I was so grateful to my friend Kristin for watching our kids and also preparing an amazing dinner to give us all the energy required to get it all done.


The moving van always seems huge at first, but our things just keep on coming. For the two weeks before the move, Josh was totally stressing out about fitting every thing in. He kept getting rid of stuff left and right. I was about ready to kill him, but in the end it's a good thing, because we stuffed that truck full.


Moving trucks are always very exciting for the boys. They love sitting in the drivers seat and pretending to drive it. They also love running up and down the ramp and all through the huge space before we start loading.


Linc had his last day of school the morning after the load. We thought he'd rather be there than trying to keep himself entertained in an empty house, while all of us were busily cleaning and packing up all of the last few things. Oliver on the end was there so we left the T.V. until the very end, so he sat there in our empty living room, furnished only with our T.V. and glider for him to sit in. He ate cold pizza for breakfast and watched way too much, but we got everything done, which seemed miraculous with all that we had to do. Thanks again Sherry, we could not have done it without you.


Our goodbye "new house" shot. After moving from our place on High St. Oliver called this house our new house every time we'd pass by, every time we'd pull in. It was pretty funny, and that's actually what he said upon leaving. " Good bye new house, I'll miss you."


After we finished up we all loaded up and headed to my sisters for Thanksgiving. It felt like such a whirlwind move. I didn't have the chance to drive by some of our favorite places and get teary about leaving. I missed saying goodbye to everyone, but hopefully we'll have some other opportunities to visit, and I guess it made the sadness a bit less sad, because I didn't have time to be sentimental about everything. Good bye New York, and thank you for the many beautiful memories.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

It is good to have good friends that are willing to help! Sounds like the move is going well. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Dangcutekids said...

Tara, we've had a lot of friends come and go from here, but I have to say your move really has hit me hard. It makes me tear up to see all these pictures and catch up with your sweet family, and your exciting move. I guess I kind of thought by now we'd be the ones to move. I'm sad we're not here together, but I'm happy for your changes and excitement, and new adventures. I'm so glad everything turned out as smoothly as it did, that the kids seem happy, and they're handling things so well. You're lucky to be with your sweet in-laws and living very close to more of your family. We hope you'll someday come visit again. We'll definitely come to see you sometime. Happy birthday to Oliver, and Merry Christmas to your sweet family. May it be a wonderful year of traditions, and joy. You're amazing!