So this was are first attempt at putting on a Ferrin nativity, and I have to say it was fun and felt good. Josh read the narration from Luke, and we each took a part. Even grandma and grandpa participated.
Some white towels and old ties were the best we could do, and I know my belly looks a bit lumpy, but lets not focus on the details.

Oliver and Lincoln both did a great job listening to the story of the Saviors birth and had a lot of fun pretending to be there, which for a quick family home evening gave to each of them a better understanding of some of the hardships faced that special night and also of its sacred beauty.
I say all this with Elder Bednar's most recent conference talk on my mind. Sometimes I'm overwhelmed with the thought that my children are getting absolutely nothing from these sometimes short and painfully distracting family nights, we try so hard to make interesting. It's hard sometimes, but I do know it's doing it that's important and hopefully they're getting a little bit here and a little bit there along the way.



1 comment:
Love it!
Post a Comment