
I have to say moving midyear is not ideal, but I have been so pleasantly surprised at how recilient children are. Lincoln was very sad to have to leave all of his friends at both school and church, and I was really worried that he was going to have a much harder time transitioning.
I really couldn't have underestimated him more. He has been such a little trooper. He loved church on Sunday, and even got a caught being reverent slip that earned him a treat from the bishop. He had a great class, and is really excited about going. One thing down.
School was a little harder. The whole atmosphere of the class is a lot more relaxed and less structured, which I knew would be a little hard for him, just because it's so different from his other class. After his first week though, he is doing great. Some of the kids get a little more rowdy here during transition times, pinching, kicking, pushing, and such. So everyday he'd come home and tell me all about all of the bad things that other kids were doing. He was sad that his name wasn't on the charts yet, and he hadn't earned any green slips for good behavior. I kept trying to tell him to give it some time, this month is so busy, and I knew his teacher would get his name up soon, and he had to give himself more than a few days to earn things that other kids have had six months to earn.
Yesterday he came home beaming because he finally earned his green slip, and is really having so much fun in school, and has made some great little friends. What a relief!



1 comment:
Poor kid, I transitioned schools 3 times when I was little and it was terrible every time and most of the time it lasted throughout entire grade school. Life got better when I made it to Junior High. Just keep up with the encouragement. He will do great!!
Post a Comment