This lovely guy has been snatching fish out of grandpa's pond for a while now. We captured him a while back, but while I was holding the net, he figured out how to swing himself out, before Josh could get back with a container. Well Josh caught him again and this time was ready with the cooler to put him in. We decided to take him to a nearby river and let him go.
My boys have always been fascinated with snakes, and in New York we used to find them all over the place. Luckily Grandpas pond and the lovely rock landscaping surrounding it, are the perfect places for snakes and a lot of other fun critters!
It blows me away that he has absolutely no misgivings about picking this thing up for a picture like Jeff Corwin or (his favorite guy) Bear Grylls, but when it comes to school, the poor kid falls apart.
Oliver took these pictures of Linc, I love them, because this is what Linc does for much of the day at our house right now. At first I wished he would read more of a variety, instead of Garfield 24/7, but now I'm of the opinion that if he is reading great, who cares what it is, he's excited about it and reading constantly because he likes it so much, so that's great. It's pretty funny though, you'll here him laughing all of the time when he finally gets the jokes. So cute!
We also found this hairy guy on our front porch the other day, Josh captured, I have know idea how, I could have never done it. He literally creeps me out seeing him in the container. Spiders are not my thing! He is a huge hit for the boys, the think he's great and have named him and of course want to keep him. Daddy looked up info online about him though, and I guess that male tarantulas don't make good pets, phew!



1 comment:
Creepy! Especially that spider. You're very brave, and your boys are too. I can't believe how much they are growing up, and what sweet sensitive boys they are. You are both great parents.
Post a Comment