I feel a little guilty that I've put nothing up about our other family member. She's gotten so big, and my sister commented on it the other day, so I decided to put some pictures up of her. I took these to send to the lady we got her from, she was curious about how big she was and what she looked like. Eventually she will be all silver, the color of her face, her hair everywhere else is still growing in and it takes a while for all of her initial black puppy fur to clear.
She really has such a sweet disposition and is very good with the boys, other than occasionally mouthing them, when they're playing rough, which we're working on. The accidents have stopped, which makes her much more enjoyable, although she does have a sensitive tummy, and if we don't feed her, right on schedule, she throws up sometimes.
She's really smart and picks things up really quickly, we've been wanting to do an obedience class with her, but unfortunately just haven't gotten around to it. Her biggest fault right now, is being a really hard dog to walk. She just pulls so hard, and gets even harder when there are other dogs, bikes, or cars going by, she likes to chase after them. She's great at sitting, and shaking, laying down, and would play fetch all day long if she could.
She's a puppy still and loves to chew, so we try to provide her with appropriate things her favorite being those raw hide bones. As I was typing this, I looked down and she had just torn apart one of the kid's hacky sacks, there are now little black beads all over, and I'm sure she's managed to eat some. PUPPIES! Unfortunately Gen has successfully taught her to continually forage the house for food, mostly things she shouldn't eat, so we all have to be really good about leaving things out, or one of the dogs is bound to get into it.
I'm a dog person though, so all of these things might scare some people off, but as frustrating as she can be at times, she's also my little shadow, keeping me company all day long. She literally rarely leaves my side, and is just about as loyal a friend as they come. She doesn't shed, doesn't make us sneeze, and is constantly making us laugh with her funny personality. No dog is perfect and I guess all of the work you put into their harder puppy years will pay off in the end. We love our Maddie dog!



1 comment:
She's adorable!
Post a Comment