Wednesday, September 15, 2010

House News

So I guess I'm writing this post as a sort of FYI. I know a lot of you probably don't need to know every detail of our lives, but since this is also a journal of sorts for me, and because I posted our house pictures with the news of our home purchase a few months back, I felt that I needed to update everyone.

We decided not to go through with the purchase of our new construction, for lots of reasons, and I'm sure that everyone who's purchased a home understands that there are many feelings, knowledge, personal investment, time, and prayers that all go into the decision process when purchasing a home. When we got all of the paper work in the mail, I had a sinking feeling about it all day, and when I talked to Josh about it when he got home he admitted that he'd been also having the same feelings. We both try really hard to be prayerful when we consider many of the seemingly unimportant decisions we make from day to day, but especially these huge ones that really impact all of our lives. We both recognized instantly the spirit at work, and even though it was hard and we didn't have all of the understanding immediately, we decided to cancel our build.

We found out that Josh's work would be having some considerable lay-offs, and we felt really good about the decision that we made. 43% of the Deseret News staff lost their jobs, but Josh was fortunate enough to be spared and actually finds himself in a much more secure position now. I have a firm belief that everything happens for a reason and even though I don't know exactly why things happen, I do know that we will be blessed with a home that will be a perfect and better fit for us soon enough. Being patient is hard, and it was a difficult and disappointing process, but you have to feel good and comforted when you feel like Heavenly Father has such a real hand in the direction that our lives take. I'm thankful to Tres and Sherry for offering their home to us for as long as we need it, and I'm excited for more house hunting to come.

No comments: