Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Forgotten Beach


I lived in Ogden for years during college, but I'm still finding some new, and some old forgotten things that make for great outings with my kids. I had totally forgotten how fun Pine view Damn is. It cost us $10 dollars a car load to get in, and we had some all day beach fun. Sherry went together and both of us just couldn't believe how empty and private the beach seemed, we vowed to come back many more times before the end of summer, it was such a fun and relaxing little get away. We pretty much had the whole beach to ourselves for the majority of the morning.


Linc spent most of his time collecting rocks and snorkeling in the water looking for little treasures.


Oliver wanted to build a grand sand castle complete with mote.



Just one of his many finds, he came home with a small bucket full of things! He also tried out his little boogie board on some of the small waves made by the boats.


He wanted me to bury him which was fun, but didn't like the feel of all the sand down his pants afterward.


Oliver had fun chasing all the sea gulls up and down the beach, normally I'd feel a bit bad for the birds, but I'm not a huge fan of sea gulls. Nothing makes you feel like your vacationing more though, than their unique bird calls, but in Utah they're kind of everywhere!

We stopped at The Oaks on the way out of the canyon to get some Farr's ice cream. We had so much fun, I love mini vacations, they're so rejuvenating, even when it was only 20 minutes from home. Maybe those are the best kind.


We had such a riot we came back a few more times, we even got to take Jace up, when he came for a visit. He is such a great kid, I can't get enough of him. He's such a sweetie with my boys, they just love spending time with him.


They spent a ton of time digging this massive whole all the way to the water level, and then took turns jumping into their huge muddy pool.



It was a totally forgotten little paradise, that I'm sure glad to have happened onto again.

No comments: