Monday, June 23, 2008

Strawberries coming out our ears!


Tis the season for strawberries, and our family picked enough to last for a few years.  We headed out all dressed in red,to prevent stainage, on a perfect berry picking day.  We had so much fun, I haven't been berry picking since I was a little girl.  Strawberries are Oliver's very favorite food and you could tell.  He was covered from head to toe in delicious bright red juice.  He was in "Oliver Heaven".  I thought he was going to eat himself sick, but the quantity didn't seem to phase him.  

We went with an amazing family from our church.  Kristen was kind enough to share her canning expertise with me, a complete novice.  They truly our such sweet people, everyone of them.  They have three boys, who Lincoln has so much fun with.  They are such kind and patient boys, great examples for Lincoln.  We all picked and sampled to our hearts content, and our family over did it, just a bit.  We froze strawberries for smoothies and such, we did freezer jam, and cooked jam, we made salads and deserts, and we still have strawberries coming out our ears!  But, the experience was worth all the work, and the rewards to come will be sweet!

Thank you Kristen for your willingness to share and give of your time to help me figure all of this canning stuff out.  Our whole family appreciates it!




5 comments:

Reno 411 said...

I love strawberries too. I think that is great that you got so many. My taste buds are jealous.

Dangcutekids said...

You're sooo very welcome. We had a blast too. Glad to hear your freezer jam and frozen berries turned out wonderfully, we picked WAY too many this year too, We'll do better next year :) You guys are the greatest!

Amber said...

Hi Ferrin Family! It looks like you guys are loving it in NY! I can't believe how much Oliver is growing up to look like Lincoln! They are both so adoreably handsome! Take care!
Amber

Marshall said...

Terra! It is so good to "see" you again! This is Emily! It looks like you are loving New York! I am so glad! Hey, email me your email and I will put you on my blog list (it is set to private :).

keeprunning3@Yahoo.com

The Woodward Family said...

Yummy! Looks like a good time. I use to pick wild rasberry's a girl near my grandparent's home. Such great memories!