I love blog surfing recently, and as I've been looking around I've noticed that there is this thing called tagging. I've never been tagged, and I'm not planning on tagging anyone, but that is where I got this questionnaire. I thought it would be fitting for today.
Joshua Shawn Ferrin
Dad of the year!

1. What is his name? He is a man with many names, he answers to Dad, Daddy, Love, Honey,
Josh, Brother Ferrin, Brad, Bud, Sweets. I promise that some of these names don't sound nearly as cheesy when I use them.
2. Who eats more? Him by a landslide.
3. Who said I love you first? He did. He panicked for a few days afterward, thinking that he had scared me off. Not even close, I was on cloud nine.
4. Who is taller? He is, which is definitely a good thing! He always says that I'm the perfect height for him to rest his chin on my head.
5. Who is smarter? He is - He's brilliant! He knows something about everything, and he has one of those minds that just retains all of it. Unlike me, where it seems to go in and then leaks right back out again. He does hate math though, and I can beat him a Yahtzee any day, sorry Math Boy!
6. Who is more sensitive? Definitely me, if that means who cries more. Sensitivity is kind of broad though, we both are equally sensitive when it comes to spiritual things, and our family. He might not often shed a tear at a movie, or when one of our children accomplishes something huge, like I do. He however is very sensitive to the feelings of those around him, especially mine, which is an important characteristic in my opinion.
7. Who does the laundry? Ah ME!
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me! I have issues about being near the door. Josh mocks me for wanting any intruder to see him first(which is totally the truth), but aren't men supposed to protect us like that. Thanks, my love!
9. Who pays the bills? He does! I stress when I have to deal with financial stuff. He uses a lot of financial computer tools, because of the math issue, but with those tools he excels at it.
10. Who cooks more? I do, but only because I have more opportunities. He is an amazing cook. He really shines on the grill, but some of my other favorite dishes are: German pasta, crab cakes, and Portabella mushrooms w/couscous.
11. There was no 11....
12. Who is more stubborn? We both are pretty darn stubborn!
13. Who is first to admit they are wrong? Always Josh. Which I guess sort of does answer # 12. He is the hardest person in the world to upset in the first place, and always the first to apologize, even if he's done nothing wrong. All of which can be extremely frustrating when your trying to be mad at someone, which of course says a lot about me. He's taught me so much in this area, and I hope I've grown because of his patience. love, and humility.
14. Who is more clean? We both are horrible at picking up after ourselves, but unfortunately I do most of the cleaning. I have to give him kudos though, he often distracts the kids to make my job much easier.
15. Who has more siblings? He does.
16. Who wears the pants in the relationship? I liked Carol's answer - "I wear one leg and he wears the other"
17. What do you like to do together? Pretty much anything as long as we can do it together. Favorites: Anything active and outdoors.(rock climbing, hiking, biking, fishing, camping) going for long walks while we dream and talk about the future, eating out(especially Indian, Thai, and Sushi), traveling, and cooking.
18. Who eats more sweets? Definitely- Me I'm a total treatoholic!
19. Guilty pleasures? Tinkering He's a tinker man. Loves to tinker, always has some interesting project that he's working on.(passed projects: duck tape anything, painting everything silver, building new pens, quarter rings, just to name a few) Sleeping in, Chocolate
20. How did you meet? We met through a mutual friend, who actually was trying to ask me out. He invited me rock climbing, and made the mistake of inviting Josh along to. It's a pretty funny story, and I can't thank you enough Kent. Kent is now married to one of his other friends past girlfriends, so what goes around comes around. We are all incredibly happy and well matched.
22. Who proposed? He did. He took me back to the place where we took our first long walk together. It was there, that I think we both first realized how great the other person was. So we went along the same path when it started to rain, he purposed under this little gazebo while we were waiting for the rain to stop, it was all very romantic.
23. His best feature? That's a hard one, because there really are so many things about Josh that I'm attracted to. He's adorable. He has the best thick, soft hair, his skin is perfect, he has beautiful strong hands. Mostly I love the way he looks at me, I always feel loved and desired, and that means the world to a woman.
24. What is his greatest quality? He is honest, compassionate, humble, faithful, loving and kind. I think his greatest quality though, is that he really plays with his kids. He gets down and really plays, and not just every once and a while, every day. I love him for that, and I know they do to.
Josh is an amazing husband and father. I truly think, at the risk of sounding really cheesy, that we were perfectly matched to one another. And maybe its just that over the years we've become such, but regardless of how we became such I can only describe my life with him as Blissful.
Thank you Josh, for everything that you are, and all that you do, we love you!



5 comments:
Well, gawrsh! Now I have big alligator tears on my cheeks in front of all my co-workers. I do feel loved.
Big thanks, my love, for both the nice words and the embarrassing ones. Now I have to figure out a way to outdo you for your birthday. Maybe I could blog about that incident at the Magical Kingdom....
Tara,
It's so great to hear from you and to see what you guys are up to as well. Looks like you guys are enjoying New York. How exciting! It seems like there is so much to do and see back there...I've never been unfortunately.
What a awesome tribute to your husband. I love the collage of pictures too. He sounds like a great guy. You have a cute family too!
Again, I'm glad to hear from you. Do you mind if I add you to my list of friends on my blog?
Hey Tara! Dove here! I saw your comment on Carol's blog. I miss you guys, but I'm happy to hear you are doing well. Visit my blog some time. Josh will probably be suprised how much Anthony has grown up.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Those are all true about Josh, he was even like that in high shcool, when we were just punk kids.
It was fun reading about things I did know about him and some I did not know.
I think its funny that you met through Kent. It's amazing how things always work out for the best.
Hey I agree, he is a great guy and the two of you are well matched, you're a great gal! You're both so talented and kind. Do you think you'll be moving back any time soon?;0)
Post a Comment