So after the mayhem of Disney world for 4 days, we were ready for a little rest and relaxation, which was just what we got. We visited our good friends The McCanns, James is in his 4th year of dental school in Fort Lauderdale. We had such a great time, I only hope James and Amy weren't completely overwhelmed with the added four people to the pad.
We saw so many neat things, most notable for the kids though was of course our trips to the beach. Josh and I actually had a chance to snorkel together which is a first for me. I've always been terrified of the ocean, mostly all the things lurking in depths of the ocean to be more specific. It's kind of a long story that involves a friend and me sneaking over to her house and watching the Jaws movies. I was seriously scarred. I conquered my fear though, and we had an amazing time. The water was pretty warm and so clear, it looked bright turquoise. The kids could have spent their entire vacation on the beach playing in the sand and the waves, it was so relaxing and nice. No one can laugh at my hilarious hairdo in all the shots, it's the product of naturally curly hair, salt water, wind, and lots of humidity. I was way past caring about what I looked like.
We went fishing, saw some crazy turkey like ducks who have no fear of people. We even saw a huge iguana, seriously the size of small lab. It was freaky! There were little lizards all over, and Lincoln kept catching them. He wanted to bring one home, but we knew lizards don't really travel well, and the shock of the cold in upstate NY I'm afraid would be a bit much for the poor little guy.
Amy and I had a great girls night out, we got some cheese cake from The Cheesecake Factory, followed by a trip to the mall, and then a movie. Amy used to work a day or so a week at Gymboree in the mall, so she got me a discount on everything, which was so nice of her. I got a ton of cute stuff for pretty cheap. It makes me really miss having good friends so close. Not that I don't know how to make friends, but it does seem to get harder, the older I get, to make real connections with people. Plus the fact that even when we do make some friends, we kinda move, so then I have to start all over again, I guess it gets old. So whine, whine, whine, sorry. I was talking about our happy vacation. I really do love where we our at in life, it will just be nice to someday finally be settled for good.
We got to go on this amazing water taxi in the Inter coastal Canal. It took us by some pretty amazing estates, multi-millon dollar homes. It was beautiful to see all the different architecture. We got some lunch and then hit a little ice cream shop that is home to the best ice cream I've ever had, no joke. I love Samoa girl scout cookies, and they had it in ice cream form there. I was in heaven.
There really is something soothing about the ocean. I really hadn't a care in world while we were there, which I'm pretty sure describes a perfect vacation. Thanks to James, Amy & Paige for letting us come and crash. We had an unforgettable time!



1 comment:
What a great vacation! I'm glad you guys had so much fun. It was a bit soothing just reading about your lovely time by the ocean. Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Miss you all!
Post a Comment