What an amazing family vacation. I've decided doing family outings is so important for family cohesiveness. We had so much fun, mostly because we were together making some great memories. Josh and I were talking about there being two types of people, those who enjoy Disney and those who would rather pull out their fingernails. Obviously, Josh and I are both among the former group or we would not have chosen this for our first real family vacation. I don't know what it is exactly that I love about Disney World, but even if I didn't have kids I would still have a riot there. Having kids makes it all the more sweet, seeing everything through their eyes truly makes it all pretty magical.
Sherry was a doll to come out and do it with us, and having her along was a real treat for the boys. It also made it nice for Josh and I to have some one on one time, which these days doesn't happen nearly enough.(because of Josh's new schedule) We took serious advantage of having grandma there to watch the kids in the evenings.
We had four days there and did a different park each day. Lincoln's favorite by far was The Magic Kingdom, he's still talking about the Buzz Lightyear ride, that he went on like 6 times. We met our good friends The McCanns there that day, they drove up from Fort Lauderdale. We hardly had to wait in any lines and both kids just had a blast. My favorite park was Animal Kingdom, I love the natural animal habitats intermixed throughout the park. We got to see some huge fruit bats and some tigers up pretty close and personal, plus it felt like we were the only people there at times, which makes it nice. They have this great new ride called Everest, and the whole area surrounding the attraction is themed around Nepal and Tibet. Not that you really get a feel for a place in a Disney Park, but those areas of the world have always been so fascinating to me and since I obviously haven't really ever been, it was kind of a window into a really different place that I've always wanted to experience.
So when people talk about the hot temperatures combining with extreme humidity they're talking about Florida. We were lucky enough to have 80 degree weather while we did Disney World which made it bearable, but I would never suggest going in the dead of summer.
List of a couple Disney Disaster moments (in no particular order)
1. Oliver was sitting on my lap for a fun filled journey through agriculture(really boring ride, but we saw some really neat Mickey Mouse shaped pumpkins) and I feel a sudden warmth in my lap. Because I'm not completely new at this whole mom thing, I new immediately what was happening and just needed to determine the best solution quickly. That was however tricky being in the middle of the ride and everything. I stood him up on the floor and he proceeded to fully empty his bladder on the floor of the ride. My lap was still soaked and Oliver was of course drenched, but I felt the worst about leaving a literal pool of urine on the floor of the ride. Luckily I had a change of clothes for Ollie. I however was not so fortunate (Oliver being past the spit up and explosive poop stage in his life) and just had to air dry and tell myself that pee is mostly water, right?
before
after
2. Lincoln, Josh and myself enter into the space ship on Mission Space. We think he will be thrilled to drive the shuttle and land on Mars ect. They actually assign each member of the 4 person team a job, Lincoln's was pilot. Wow, we couldn't have been more wrong. I could see the look of worry on his face as soon as I strapped him in, he kept saying" I'm not really going to be flying it, right mom, right. He was fine for the first 10 seconds of the ride, after that it was pure Lincoln nightmare. He screamed at the top of his lungs the entire time, wanting to get out, " I can't reach the controllers, I can't drive it" he shouted " I want out" "Help". Talk about feeling completely helpless. I tried to talk to him but nothing I said made him feel any better, and we just had to wait it out, and apologize profusely to the poor guy sitting next to Josh. Totally traumatic, not really ready for those realistic type rides I guess. Good to know.
3. Josh loosing one of our tickets. Yes, it did happen, but we luckily tracked it down. So we only had to panic for about an hour.
All in all we really had very few mishaps. The condo we stayed in was amazing. I wish we had had more time to enjoy the lavish pool there. We had three bedrooms and three bathrooms which was much more than we needed, but really nice. We would definitely stay there again. The pool though, was just gorgeous. It had a slide, a river, a beach type entrance into the water. The kids just loved it. We unfortunately didn't have time to stay very long before we had to check out. Lincoln was so sad to leave. Like always kids really don't need the huge lavish theme parks to have a blast, they would have been perfectly happy going to the pool everyday.



No comments:
Post a Comment