It always amazes me how small the world seems sometimes, especially as a latter day saint. We've moved around a lot. Josh got his first job post graduation working for a newspaper called The Desert Sun in Palm Springs, California. We lived there for about a year and a half, and I to this day have a sort of love hate relationship with the place. Things we hated:
Seriously melt your brain hot summers, we're talking 120's
Crazy expensive, when we were there you couldn't even get into a tiny starter home for much under $400,00.
Josh worked like a dog, horrific long hours, rarely making it to social functions, we were grateful to get time with him at all.
Cockroaches & Fire Ants
Loud deteriorating family next door, who needed police intervention on a handful of occasions.
Did I already say it was so hot!
Things we loved:
So many amazing people. I have to say this has been the neatest aspect of our frequent moves, we've met so many colorful amazing people along the way.
We loved our ward.
We formed some real friendships with a lot of Josh's co-workers. They had a really neat group of people, who got along really well. We got together often, and always had a ton of fun.
Josh's grandpa owns a vacation home there, so we often had family visiting and it made it seem more like home I guess.
We had THE COOLEST Griswold's station wagon that Grandpa Arnie gave to us. We seriously miss it soooo! Lincoln loved riding in it, and the thing was a tank. No air conditioning, and a major gas hog, but a hilarious ride.
It just sounded cool when I'd tell people where we lived.
There was an amazing little restaurant down the street that had a Thai fried rice with cilantro that Josh and I are still trying to replicate.
Palm Trees
Purpose of this blog:
After attending our stake conference, we were walking out, and I hear someone shouting out my name. I turned around, and seriously couldn't believe who I was seeing. It's kind of like you compartmentalize so many aspects of your past, and to have someone so familiar, but from so long ago be here in my present, was so odd and wonderful at the same time. The Jones family lived in our ward in Palm Springs. They are the neatest people, so warm and caring. She watched Lincoln more than a few times, and he always loved going their, mostly because they had an adorable little girl named Georgia,(big blue eyes and curly brown hair) who Lincoln adored. When we left Palm Springs it was kind of in a rush. I was still in the early weeks of my pregnancy with Oliver and completely sick. I felt like I never really got to thank the ward for all their help, and love.
So the Jones family moved here a little while back and live in a beautiful area by the finger lakes. How bizarre for us to end up in the same stake after moving clear across the country. We went and had dinner with them which was a riot, Linc had so much fun jumping on the tramp with Georgia, they really got along famously. Oliver kept trying to jump too, but the bouncing was a bit big for him, and he kept crashing. His favorite thing to do was just run around in circles on it. It will be so nice having some more familiar faces nearby. We look forward to many more get togethers and fun outings with these great friends.



1 comment:
You guys- that was seriously so sweet! We are so excited to have you guys so near by!
Love ya-
Post a Comment