So here it is, my work of art. We got Ollie's bedding and curtains from Ikea, and they have the cutest animal pattern on them. That's what I tried to recreate on the walls. Then I also did a border to match the lions mane all around the room, I think it works.
I've never really considered myself to be in anyway talented when it comes to art. I know when I was little I could copy things I saw pretty easily, but that's pretty much where it ended. I guess its just not something I ever put much effort into. If you know me though, you know that I married into a pretty artistic group of people, well except for Tres (just kidding). My mother in-law is an amazing artist, and obviously my husband makes a living using his art expertise, so that's a given. Well I promised Sherry I would put a post about my first try at art myself, and I don't think it's half bad, not to brag or anything. But, it actually turned out pretty cute. There of course far from perfect, but imperfect is kind of the thing right now, right? So the moral to this story is to never sell yourself short. I guess we all have talents within us, even if they're harder for some of us to find. There you go Sherry, hope you enjoy the pictures, glad I could make you proud!
This is me at work, not the greatest picture, but I wasn't expecting to have to pose for a PHOTO SHOOT. I have a husband who thought me painting was very cute.
This is cute Ollie saying cheese for the camera. We train them well and early in our family. I felt bad, because I had already laid him down for the night, when I remembered I needed to take the pictures. I promised Sherry I'd do it tonight, so I went in, and as soon as he saw the camera he started saying cheese, so funny! He wasn't so happy when it was time for me to leave, but luckily only whimpered for a few minutes.
This is the mural that Sherry helped me with when she came out for her last visit, we had so much fun. Painting on walls is great!



7 comments:
BRAVO! Dang you're cute when you're painting.
Totally impressed Tara! Can I hire you?
You're incredible! Great job, just don't let the kids see you doing that and get any ideas...Thanks for posting the biking movie. I think boys and bikes were meant to be. Endless fun!
Tara, it looks awesome! Your boys are growing up so fast. We miss you all.
Man! You are good! I am very impressed!
Tara, it looks GREAT! there's not a way in the world I'd try my artwork on a wall. Not quite yet anyway. :) Your boys are lucky to get such personal room decor'. Love it.
You are artistic! I am going to "attempt" painting on our walls. Wish me luck, I know I am not talented like you.
Post a Comment