Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bye Bye Tonsils

Josh will be getting his tonsils out tomorrow at 9:30 A.M.  All your prayers will be much appreciated.  I know it probably is silly, but it's kind of scary.  The procedure is a simple one, but he's a lot older than the average patient, which means his recovery time will be extended quite a bit.  He's taking a leave of 2 weeks at work, and hopefully it won't be too hard for him to rest and recuperate in our crazy house.  
Josh has been totally nervous about the whole thing, but not really wanting to make a big deal about it, but it is a big deal.  Our home teachers are coming over today to give him a blessing, which I hope will provide the peace and reassurance that I'm longing for.  We are so grateful for all the love and support we receive from our friends, family, and ward here in Fairport.  Life is too hard to go at it alone sometimes, that's for sure.  I'm grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who knew that and made sure we wouldn't have to.
I'm sure everything will go fine and I will be going crazy around here taking care of three babes for a time, but I will gladly take all the whining and needed pampering, for him to glide through the surgery with no problems at all.  That's my wish.  That's my need.  I hate for him to have to go through so much pain , but in this situation the benefits far out way the temporary discomfort.  
So keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

Robin said...

No surgery is "not a big deal" if you ask me.
Good luck!

Dangcutekids said...

good luck Josh! We'll be praying for you both.

Staci said...

We will be thinking of you all.