Finding time to sit down and blog has been a bit tricky. I've recently realized how spoiled I am. Having Josh out of commission for the past 5 days has been hard. It makes such a difference in my day when he's around to distract the kids for even just a few minutes here and there, it's been surprisingly draining without him. I have less patience more mess and much less energy to get everything done. I immediately think of my sweet sister in-law raising 5 children without Seth. I feel Angie, that you are truly an amazing and strong woman. Mostly, I just wish we lived closer so I could help out more. An amazing sister in our ward took the boys for me the other day, and it was so nice. I wanted to take a bath and give myself a much needed pedicure, but ended up cleaning out our disgusting car and finishing up our endless amounts of laundry. For me right now, having pretty painted toe nails doesn't hold a candle to the sweet feeling of sitting in a newly cleaned out car, with the vanilla car fresheners. AH.......
The boys have been so empathetic when it comes to poor dad. Lincoln has been so attentive to his needs, and made him more cards than we will ever have room to keep. It's been such a treat to see. ( See Josh's stuff in my links for his blog and description on the cute cards) Oliver just keeps saying daddy home, daddy home, over and over. He's totally pleased having him here all day, even if he's been sleeping most of the time. Just having him here has been fun for all of us.
Linc and I have been able to have some fun one on one time while Ollie naps. We went kayaking on the canal, he had so much fun trying to paddel and did surprisingly well. We didn't tip over, so that's success in my book. I of course didn't bring my camera, it was kind of a spur of the moment descision. It was nice just getting to spend some time with him talking and having fun. He's a great kid!



1 comment:
Faboulous Pictures, what a great summer! You're our Hero, way to pull the plug!
Post a Comment