Friday, July 11, 2008

All is well!

Thank goodness that is over.  Josh's surgery couldn't have gone better.  Amazingly, the surgery center he went to just got a new surgical tool delivered today, that greatly improved Josh's pain and recovery time.  I will not even attempt to recall what the doctor told me about it, because 90% of what he said went right over my head.  He did say it used micro-waves to some how blast away at the tonsil little by little, thus not having to cut into the muscle and nerves.  The instrument was used for the first time on the patient right before Josh.  How lucky for us.   It supposedly will speed up his recovery time, and deliver far less pain, which is of course great news.  He handled the whole ordeal like a champ, got a little loopy from the sedation, and started making jokes about getting a breast augmentation, Ha, Ha, Ha.  The nurse said us mormons have such squeaky clean systems that the drugs really work their magic.  He was the hit of the surgical center, kept everyone entertained.  He's on liquid Tylenol with Codeine, and it seems to be managing his pain really well.  
Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers, I know it makes a difference.
Thank you most especially to The Ruders for watching our guys for the day, it made things so much easier not having to worry at all about them.
Kristen you are the sweetest lady in the whole world.  Everyone loved your chicken noodle soup, the kids both gobbled it up, and Josh loved the broth.  Your bread is amazing and the popsicles perfect.  It was so nice not having to worry about making a meal tonight.  You're so thoughtful.  I will need your recipe however, it totally out shined my normal noodle soup.

2 comments:

Carol said...

I'm so glad everything went well and I hope the pain is minimal & recovery speedy.
"Routine" surgery is still surgery and is very stressful. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Reno 411 said...

I am so glad Josh's surgery went well. I had my tonsils out at 17. The summer between my Junior nad Senior year. It was a hard recovery. I hope that Josh recovers quickly and be'll be back on his feet again.

We thought about you all on the
4th of July. I have such great memories of last year. It was very fun and memorable. We wish you were still here in Reno.