





We had a lot of fun picking out our pumpkins this year. We went with our good friends The St, Cyer's to a farm that had a whole host of other attractions. They had these huge tee pees filled with carved pumpkins all a glow inside the pitch black tee pees. Lincoln was a little worried at first and asked Jesse if he could hold his hand, very cute. We fed some really cute sheep, and had some really amazing pumpkin doughnuts. We all opted out of the spooky hay ride, but got to see the attacking spiders at the end of some other people's adventure. Lincoln of course wanted the biggest pumpkin he could find(bigger is always better). We have been so used to getting free pumpkins for so many years from Grandma Sherry's friends, we'd forgotten how expensive they can be. Needless to say we kept having to tell him over and over, think smaller! Eventually he found a perfect one, we all did. We also had a great time carving them. I have to pay tribute to my own parents for every year without fail letting us completely trash the kitchen with pumpkin seeds and goo, to give us some great memories. I think I enjoyed it more than the kids. Lincoln did stick his hand inside to grab a big bunch of pumpkin seeds out, but after that he said " Gross, this is going to make me throw up." Where did he come from? Oliver, taking more after his mother I guess, thoroughly enjoyed all of the mess, and you could tell because he ended up wearing a lot of it. He was very much into it! We didn't buy a little carving kit this year, and were lamenting not having those cool little knives. Josh whipped out his power saw, and we were done in a jiffy. SuperDad! Happy Halloween to everyone!
3 comments:
Angie, the kids, Tres, and I are going to go get the FREE pumpkins today. We will truly miss you there and getting the biggest pumpkin for Lincoln. I really appreciate the fun of getting to share your moments right after they happen. Lincoln your like your Grandma Sherry..yuks on the inside of the pumpkin. Oliver you are just a doll. I love and miss you, thanks again for the photos, I feel like I was there.
I wanted to use the blow-torch to carve the pumpkins but Tara wouldn't let me. So I had to use the jigsaw. Probably for the better.
What fabulous pictures and fun memories. What an awesome family you are. Thanks for sharing about the waterfall place- amazing. We can't wait to go back!
Post a Comment