Monday, October 27, 2008

The Big 30!


So Josh is officially 30.  For the past few weeks he's been really thoughtful, and a bit sad about the prospects of being "so old".  He wonders if he's done the things he set out to do in life, in his own words " if I could have seen myself now, back when I was 21, would I be happy with where I've come".  I guess we all go through times of self reflection, and this birthday has been just that for him.  
I have to say, as his wife, I couldn't be happier, and I know both his children feel the same.  He's an amazing husband and father, and I'm grateful to have him in our lives.  We might not own our own home, or be exactly sure where his career is heading (2 things that really bother him), but we are so excited to be where we are at, and as President Monson suggested, trying to enjoy the journey.  Life is good and we are very blessed!
For his birthday we made him a fancy breakfast in bed per tradition, Lincoln had the best idea to get him some new sunglasses.  Josh can't keep a pair of sunglasses to save his life (he lost his last pair while He and Lincoln were playing near the canal. Josh was trying to retrieve a paper boat by dangling from a tree limb, when his sunglasses fell into the canal) , so Linc wanted to tie a huge rope to one end just in case they ever were near the canal again, and also label them with his name.  We got him some of his most favorite treats, and had a fancy crab dinner.  We love crab!  
Happy Birthday my love!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy 30th Josh! It sounds like you had a great birthday. We sure love you guys, jealous of the beautiful fall leaves!
love,
The McCanns

Staci said...

Oh, I am so glad you had a good B-day. You two are such a cute couple, and Trev and I respect, and look up to you vary much.
Josh, you should be so proud of what you have accomplished, you make up a big part of one of the best family's. We love you all.