Things seem to get so crazy sometimes, it makes staying current a little difficult. Lincoln turned the big 5 this month, and we also had Sherry visit for a week and a half. Lincoln is loving school, he had a great birthday, we decorated his room, which he asked about the night before, so we couldn't not keep up with tradition. He was very happy to wake up to balloons, streamers, and presents. We do the whole shebang from us that morning, I always hated having to wait all day long. We got him a rocket, and a flying dragon fly. It amazes me how good he is at flying it.
Sherry flew in that afternoon, so as I'm sure all our readers know, his gifts didn't stop for her entire visit. Lincoln had an extended birthday this year, which he thought was great. We had his party the next weekend, which extended it even longer. It was great having Sherry here for all of the festivities. We of course went a bit over board, but Sherry said I had her permission to blame it all on her. We really had sooo much fun, and it was a great party! Lincoln wanted to have a Knight party, with swords, dragons, ect... We found foam swords, breast plates and shields at the dollar store for all the kids. We even got those free Burger King crowns and decorated them with each of their names. We made this neat dragon cake, I'll have to post some pictures. The festivities included: a medieval joust tournament, which of course included rescuing the princess; a dragon quest followed soon after, by a dragon slaying(pinata, of course); dragon tail chase; decorating their own jeweled goblets; cake and ice cream.
Above is my nephew Seth in the joust tournament, he just knocked the balloon target, which he not only knocked off the pole, but whacked it until it popped. Jumped over the moat and is now on his way to rescue the princess. He's just feet behind his opponent, the dreaded Marquis D'Knox, such action and adventure.
The cake turned out great, a little tricky to serve though.
I of course got all of the ideas off the Internet, and would never claim to be that creative myself, but boy there are some really creative people out there, and I'm so grateful for the Internet so I can steal all of their ideas. Truthfully the kids would have had just as much fun without all the activities, beating each with the foam swords seemed to be entertainment enough for all of them. Lincoln had his Grandma Sherry, New York cousins, and a few of his favorite friends there to celebrate his day with, he couldn't have been happier. He prayed all week for the weather to be nice for his party, and we woke up to a very rainy day. It totally cleared up by the afternoon though, and a our bid guy got his prayer answered with perfect party weather. I swear we had the cutest bunch of knights ever to be assembled. It was a great day!





5 comments:
What an incredible party. You are such amazing parents. Definitely a day/week to remember.
Super Cute!!! Happy Birthday Lincoln
Dear Lincoln and Oliver,
Grandma already misses you too much. Thanks for letting me share your bunk bed and be there for all the wonderful birthday times. Lincoln you are such a great boy, Grandma loved coming to your school and reading to your friends. Oliver, I will miss you and happy bear and going to the zoo. Have fun and Grandma hopes to see you soon. Love, Grandma Shery
Hi it's LuAnn, Staci's mom...what a couple of lucky boys!! That looked like a great birthday...Tell Lincoln happy 5th birthday...I remember when he was a little baby coming to our house...how time flys!!
What an event! You guys are always full of fun ideas and adventures.
I love the quote by John G.-can I steal it?
The answer to your question on my blog is no, we have no idea where we're going except hoping it's west.
Post a Comment