
There is a marathon here in Ogden every year, and even though no one in our family was ready for one this year, we decided to at least participate in the last mile run with the kids. I love being back in Utah with all of the fun active things they have going on all the time. I think it's so important to involve kids in fun, healthy, active things to help them start healthy habits now.
When grandpa picked up their race packets they were so excited to get all geared up, pink sweatbands and all. Oliver was positive they would make him faster.
Grandpa met us down there and joined in as well, which was actually a good thing, because Lincoln took off leaving us behind to eat his dust, and luckily grandpa was there to run with him. Oliver needed to have a bit slower pace, but he did such a great job, I was so proud of him.
Ollie kind of went in spurts, running for a while then walking, but if someone passed him by he'd immediately want to start running again. It was pretty funny. This is when he gave grandma a thumbs up while running past, it looks a bit more like a gun than a thumbs up, I was laughing so hard it was hard to keep up with him.
After we crossed the finish line Ollie said " that was really hard, I never want to do that again!" Not exactly what we were hoping for, but I'm glad he at least gave it a try, even if running isn't his most favorite thing. Getting the cow bell medal in the end made it all worth it. We all had a lot of fun!






No comments:
Post a Comment