Life has been pretty busy at our house over the last few weeks, and I've found it tough to find a few moments to sit down and blog, so now I'm trying to get all caught up. Linc was pretty sad after losing his hamster, and we have been wanting to get a dog for a while now. We've been looking into standard poodles for a while, just because we all have allergies, I hate shedding, but still want a larger dog, with all the little ones, they just seem a bit more tolerant.Our neighbor here grooms standard poodles, and also shows them. She had some connections to at breeder in Southern Utah, who just had a litter of puppies. I guess one little puppy was born with a too short tail, so she was having a hard time placing her. She was selling her for a fraction of what these dogs normally cost, and we felt like we should jump on the opportunity to get her for such a great steal. Maybe not the most perfect timing while we're here at Josh's parents, but they were very obliging and offered there already "Jenified" carpet to be a perfect puppy training place.
Life has been a bit crazy house training, lack of sleep, constant supervision, it's amazing how similar puppies can be to real babies as far as the demands go. Most days I feel like I'm more potty trained than she is, but I think she's figuring it out.
There is definitely a hole somewhere in me, that just longs for another baby. As strange as it sounds, the puppy has filled that up a bit. Having a new baby would have obviously been the ideal, but our little Maddie girl has been a perfect distraction, and a wonderful puppy. Everyone already loves her to pieces!
We didn't even have to drive down to pick her up. The beauty of technology: Josh posted a something on facebook and a friend of his from high school actually generously offered her mom and sister to pick her up on their way up from Las Vegas. They even brought up a second poodle for a family up in Logan, kind of a poodle taxi service. What sweet people, we were so grateful, and were only allowed to compensate them with some Einstein Bagels.
She's a silver standard poodle, they're pretty rare, her whole coat will eventually be the color of her nose. Right now she's a black fuzz ball with her puppy coat, she feels like chenille, so soft.
The boys have been really good with her, although I'm grateful, she'll out grow them soon, so I won't have to keep them from over loving her for too long!



3 comments:
Tara, she is so cute.. I hate dog hair as well.. we have plenty with Cian and it drives me nuts. can't wait to see her when she is older :^) I'll be 48 in March and I still think somedays I'd love another baby.. nuts right!
Congrats on your new addition!! :) What a darling puppy and how sweet to see your kids with her. What a fun time for you and good luck with the baby-phase/potty training.
Ok I admit I am not a dog person...but she is a stinkin cute dog. I love your funny comments on potty training! Good luck with that.
Post a Comment