Saturday, February 27, 2010

New Camera


My 9 year old SLR finally bit the dust, I'd love to be able to go right out and replace it, but since we're saving most of our expendable income right now for a down payment on a house, squeezing out $1200 for my dream camera doesn't really seem like a real need. A definite want, however, one that will have to patiently hold out for a few months.

We do however need to have something, so we bought a little cool pix, that does a sufficient job of capturing our life's moments, but it's a far cry from anything artistic or moving. I'm grateful for the preservation of these important moments however "unnewsworthy" they might seem to the rest of the world.

These are just a few random moments with the boys, that somehow missed getting imported, so I thought I would post them.
Lincoln showing off his freshly brushed teeth, note this was before he lost those two bottom baby teeth. Since then he won't stop playing with his mouth, and is convinced that all his teeth are either loose or has cavity, some weird mouth awareness.
These are some shots of Oliver having discovered the joys of some of his dad's old He-Man toys. Grandma Sherry has some pretty terrific boxes of dusty old treasures. He carried them everywhere for days. My He-Man came with a really cool cat like creature that he rode, but only Josh and Trevor really know where all of the missing parts to some of his toys ended up.
We were asked to speak in church a few Sundays ago, it's never the most comfortable thing for me, but it always feels great after the fact and I always learn and grow from each experience. We were fittingly asked to speak about how the church is the same no matter where you are in the world, and since we've moved around a bit, we definitely had some thoughts to share. The best part this time was that both boys were eager to participate and each had something they wanted to do. Lincoln bore a beautiful testimony, and Oliver sang "I love to see the temple". I thought for sure he would get up there and change his mind, but I couldn't have been more wrong. He belted that beautiful song out louder than I've ever heard him sing, and brought many a lady to tears with his sweet little voice. It was so neat being able to all participate in a sacrament meeting together.

I took these pictures of Oliver that morning and they tell the story of why I am so grateful to have digital cameras, rather than film.
Take 1 : cute, but closed his eyes
Take 2 : nice, but a bit forced
Take 3 : totally drunk look
Take 4 : perfection


No comments: