I had such an amazing birthday. My kids woke me in the morning with huge smiles and their best singing. They each made me a little cut out doll that resembled me, followed by big hugs and happy birthday wishes. Josh got me some new reading material and a homemade pasta maker. We've been wanting to start making our own pasta for so long, I can't wait to try it out. We went out for pancakes and then just enjoyed the day together.
For dinner we went to this place called the Bonefish Grill. It was so amazing I highly recommend it. They had the most amazing corn chowder with lump crab meat that I've ever tasted. Totally something that I know I will crave in the future. The service was excellent, I really don't think I've had a better dining experience. We even had them snap a picture of us on the way out. We don't get out much, especially all decked out(for me), and so I thought we should capture the moment. They took a much better picture than the shot we took in the car, but I thought they were both fun. We never get enough pictures of just us anymore.
So I guess I'm getting older despite my best efforts. There are definitely a few things I'm not so excited about just to name a few:
I went to my doctor the other day and found out I had gained 5 pounds this year so I guess I'm heavier now than I was 6 months after Oliver was born. A bit depressing. My doctor was nice enough to say that she thought I looked better with the extra 5 pounds, but that somehow does not make me feel any better about it. Since being too thin has made it harder for me to conceive, I tell myself that having a few extra pounds makes medical sense for me, right. This too, however doesn't make me feel any better about not being able to wear over half of my cute clothes. There are other things that are multiplying too, like gray hairs, forehead wrinkles, memory lapses. I'm sure there are many wonderful things about getting older, like the wisdom gained and moments shared, which of course I wouldn't trade for all the world. However physically getting older stinks and today I wish I could just trade my body in for a younger model. Thank you for all the warm birthday wishes, it really brightened my day.
Lincoln spent part of the afternoon on the slip in slide we've had in storage all summer.
Monday was a sweltering 91 degrees here in New York, and with the humidity, he had to do something to cool off. The first few slides were painful, but once he got the hang of it, he really had a blast. Josh tried it a few times and decided that slip in slides are made for children only who don't seem to mind slamming into the hard ground over and over. I won't post the video I'm too nice of a person, but know that it was very funny, and I'm glad to have it in our family archives if only for black mail purposes. Trust me he has way more on me.



2 comments:
Just wanted to say I love ya, Tara!
Yeah Tara and happy Birthday and what darling haircuts on your boys. You did an awesome job on Lincoln! They both do look so much older! You're still the thinnest person I know, you're so skinny, and young looking. What great pictures of you guys!
Post a Comment