Oliver has potty power!
I wanted to cut the boys hair, I thought it was time to rid Oliver of his chin length blond locks. It was tough to do, but I thought it was time. I started cutting his hair around 5:15 on Saturday night and by 5:45 was ready to call in some reinforcements. I hadn't even really cut to much off, but because his hair is so thick and long I was really struggling to get it to blend in well. He was being so patient but by the end it looked horrible and I was clueless about how to fix it. I called my dear friend Kristen, because she has three boys and a husband who all get great haircuts from her regularly, and I thought she could give me some pointers. Being the amazing gal that she is, she dropped everything and drove over to save my skin and my son from having a very embarrassing day at church. When she was finished it looked great, but I hardly recognize him, I truly can't believe how much older he looks. He also, completely potty trained this week. We've been going in short spurts of having him use the potty on and off for so long. I really
thought he was going to be so much more of a challenge than Linc was. Honestly though, I was the one lacking in dedication. This whole time I had been so fickle with him, I'd try it out for a day and if he didn't get it, put the diapers back on. So I decided to really put the diapers away and go cold turkey for more than one day. He ran around in his cute new undies and had several accidents the first day, but by day two he really caught on, especially with #1. I rewarded him with those tiny marshmallows (he loves them) when he went in the potty. I told him I'd give him 5 marshmallows for #2 in the potty, but that proved to be a bit harder, He actually held it for three days! I started getting a little worried so I loaded him up with some raisins and an hour so later he came running out of the bathroom very proud. He only needed a couple extra days to really figure it out and once I made the effort he followed my lead. Way to go Ollie! He looks so adorable in his big boys(underwear), and with his new haircut I feel like my baby is officially not my little baby anymore.
These shots are mostly for my sister, she was begging for some pictures of him in his big boy underwear. Don't you just want to eat him up, with his cute bum and toddler belly.
Lincoln also got a short do for the start of school, what handsome boys!



2 comments:
Some day, Ollie is going to read this blog post and cringe.
So cute! Good job on potty "learning" and hair cuts. I think its harder with the curls (Lilly has J's sweet curls but it does make it a challenge to trim). What great adventures you have up there, would love a visit esp since we're so close! Happy belated birthday; you are looking as gorgeous and radiant as ever!
Post a Comment