Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy birthday!

So, Tara always posts embarrassing, flattering posts on my birthdays so, I thought I would return the favor.



Life as a mom isn't always glorious or exciting. More often than not, it includes gooey messes and odd smells. Moms don't get vacations or lunch breaks. And the salary scale stinks.

But Tara has such an unconventional approach to life. When the kids are too much for me, she still has limitless patience. She giggles at things that make others cringe and laughs at things that would make some people cry. And she's cheerful when she does those things she's done at least thousand times. She doesn't expect rewards and doesn't mind when we forget to say 'thank you'. She's given up so much of herself for her kids and never complains about what she needs.

I fell in love with Tara because of her passion for life. The joy she has from the simplest things - from baby toads to play-dough sets - rubs off on everyone around her. And over the years, that passion hasn't faded away. It's blossomed and grown with every new challenge. It's hard to be grumpy around Tara. Unless you haven't replaced the tile in the bathroom tile. And for that, I'm really, really sorry.

We love you, Tara, - so much - and we're lucky you're the boss.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Happy Birthday Tara!!!!

I remember how excited Shari was when you were born on my birthday. Unfortunately I'm just a smidge older than you. Medicare kicked in this month. Anyhow, have a great day!

Love to you all,
"Aunt" Joan

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Tara! We love you so much. I hope you had an awesome birthday!
XOXO

Robin said...

Happy birthday Tara! I really need your address and phone number.
I hope you had a GREAT day!