Saturday, August 8, 2009

Canandaigua Lake

Today we spent the afternoon at this beautiful beach in the finger lakes. It was really impressive as beaches go. So far our only experience here has been up at lake Ontario and I have to say it's, like other great lakes, a bit stinky and gross. The finger lakes are gorgeous and this one is crystal clear, they even have boat tours that take you out to explore old sunken ships that you can actually sea on the bottom because of the amazing visibility in the lake.
It was a great day for the beach the temperature was perfect the water was warm and it really wasn't too crowded, especially for a Saturday.




look how clear the water is

We built this great castle with an impressive mote.

Josh and Linc dug a huge hole down to the water and then buried their legs, they looked pretty funny so I took a picture.




On the way home we stopped at scoops for some ice cream, it's right across the street from the beach. Oliver was thoroughly enjoying his cotton candy ice cream.

1 comment:

Dangcutekids said...

What a great tour of all your fun this summer. You are playing hard. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. Happy to see you all having a great time!