Monday, April 19, 2010

Start of our Vacation (our drive and L.A.)

Well I had to start at the beginning, we are heading down to Palm Springs for a highly anticipated family vacation. We haven't been there for about 4 years, and are really looking forward to visiting a place that we called home for a while, and also our favorite place to vacation. Josh's family has had a condo there for years, and it makes vacations so fun an affordable.
Doesn't this just look like the face of a very excited kid about to embark on a really fun trip! I think so too!
We started the day off with a breakfast of champions(McDonald's)
followed by some always necessary jumping on the hotel beds, because mom won't let you do this anywhere else.


and then we're off.....
They both did an amazing job keeping themselves entertained.
Instead of driving straight to Palm Springs, we drove to L.A. to visit one of my most favorite people and her very fun husband. They treated us to all there amazing pad had to offer, and really showed us an amazing time, we think we would love to move there if we made a lot more money.
Santa Monica Beach and Pier
Heaven! The weather was perfect. The boys loved gathering up shells, playing in the sand, and of course getting wet. I actually brought bathing suits, but the water was freezing.
In true dad fashion, Josh took them both in with their clothes on, saying "we'll just get our feet wet". Five minutes later both boys came shivering back soaking wet. We decided to just let them continue playing in their clothes and then change them into their dry suits when they were done.
I love this shot of all of my guys heading into the ocean hand in hand.


We collected quite a few shells. Linc was thrilled to add them to his collection.

I always feel like a kid again when I'm at the beach, the waves crashing in and out, trying to not get soaked, the sand, the sun,collecting, exploring, it's so fun!

I love this girl! She even let me use her really neat tiki umbrella's we looked so chic!
After we had our fill of the water and sand we headed up to the pier.
Walking along the boardwalk was even fun, they had all these acrobats, and outdoor gym/yoga stuff going on, very entertaining.
Lincoln really wanted to try out these outdoor rings, kind of like the ones gymnasts use, but their lined up so you can swing "Tarzan" style from one to the next. I guess it's a good upper body work out.

The pier was like a mini amusement park with rides and tons of sweet things to eat. We were totally not prepared for the drop in temperature after the sun went down. All of these native Californians had their kiddos all bundled up like it was winter, seriously, with hats and coats. And here our kids were walking around in their swimsuits.

Matt shared some of his tasty treat
You can see how miserably cold they're looking now!! Must have been the ice cream, yep we really wanted them to suffer. What was I thinking!
Beautiful sunset.
beautiful couple
We knew we would be there for a Sunday so I packed a separate bag with all of our church stuff. Picked out some terribly cute outfits for the boys and even fixed Josh's favorite tie, so he'd look ever so handsome. Left the bag in Tres and Sherry's ride though, so like me. Matt was nice enough to loan Josh a shirt, I had luckily packed an extra skirt, and I had to make do with the boys collared shirts and tennies. The ward building was gorgeous, older with stain glass windows, such character. It was great being able to be there feel of the spirit and take the sacrament, even if we weren't dressed to the nines.
Thanks Matt and Nan for letting us visit your world for a while, we had so much fun, and really didn't want to leave. I'm not sure how much longer your poor futon would have lasted though. Kind of sad saying good bye, but we knew we'd see them again in a couple days. They would be coming to meet us at Disneyland.

No comments: