Saturday, September 19, 2009

Soccer


We've thoroughly been enjoying soccer season. Lincoln has been dying to play organized sports since he was two, and it's been really hard trying to explain to him the age requirements. He really hasn't had much experience playing soccer, other than attending a ton of his cousins games, but both Josh and I loved playing as kids, it's just a fun sport to start out with, plus it was relatively inexpensive. He has practices on Tuesday nights and games on Saturdays. He's been making a lot of friends and just having a riot. His teams name is Brazil, and he has some really fun and down to earth coaches who are all about fun, and don't take it too seriously,
which is just what we were hoping for. He's the Youngest on the team, we actually had to get special permission, because he's supposed to be 6, but I've been telling for so many years that he'd hopefully be able to participate the next year, that I finally had to be that annoying parent who asks for a break. They were very fine with it, he only missed the cut off date by like three weeks. I'm glad I did it, he's been loving every minute, and finally has a nice outlet for some of his energy. He scored a goal at his first game, which was thrilling for him. Today he even did a nice header which surprised us all. Mostly I just wanted to post some fun pictures, although since grandma arrives tonight, I'm sure will have a million more, and probably better, shots by next week.

This was his goal!

What a kick!

2 comments:

Dangcutekids said...

Congrats on the goal! Go big Lincoln!

Jason and Brianne Kjar said...

I also loved playing soccer as a kid. Seeing your pictures makes me really excited for when my two boys can play. Great job on the goal Lincoln