Friday, September 4, 2009

Oops!

We took Lincoln to his yearly physical yesterday. It all went well other than Lincoln refusing to strip down to his underpants. I sat there trying to reason with him for a few minutes, when the Doctor came in to relieve me. He said it wasn't a big deal, and continued to do the fully clothed version of a checkup. Thankfully, Lincoln did fine through the rest of his checkup, until the doctor said he needed three shots. I felt horrible that it didn't cross my mind to prepare him. If you know Lincoln at all, you'll know that he needs time to think things through and prepare, and springing three shots on the poor kid didn't go over well. He cried, he did it stoically though. He was trying so hard to put on a brave face, and I was proud of him and feeling a little guilty for my own brain lapse. He had very sore arms for the rest of the day, and isn't feeling too hot today. I thought he looked so cute and cuddly curled up on the couch and a wanted to get a picture of him, of course when I did he started pulling faces, but I think I succeeded in capturing his miserableness on camera. Sorry buddy!


Oliver was having a great day just entertaining himself, which is truly becoming a halmark of this little kids personality. He's so easy going and easily occupied. He loves playing with his cars right now. He builds the neatest things with the leggos and is an amazing little artist.


2 comments:

Betsy said...

Your boys are so cute!! How grown up. I loved the smelly markers. It looked so cute with the blue on the tip of his nose. Tell Josh, Tiff, and Rusty Hi for me!

Carol said...

thank you so much for the recipe!!! I can't wait to try it!
Chad says we have about 20 squash ready on the vine right now. If we were closer I'd share. I guess it's going to have to be the thought that counts this time.
Thanks again!

So sorry Lincoln had to have some shots!
I sure hope he's doing better.