Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy very late birthday Oliver!

I know it has been forever and a day since my last blog entry, sometimes I just have to take a deep breath and step away from all of this cool technology or I get a bit overwhelmed.  Maybe weird, but me, and just enjoying life without recording even a second of it can be therapeutic for me.  It's not that I don't truly enjoy recording things, I just get obsessed sometimes, and just need to step away from the computer.  Sorry for the babble.  I'm done now.  So on to the note worthy blog entry.  First off, during my hiatus, Oliver celebrated his 2nd birthday.  I feel completely neglectful in not documenting the day on his birthday, but so it goes for the second child.  
He was born on December 12th 2006 in Reno, Nevada.  He was a beautiful baby, sweet tempered, and easy going.  How can two years have possibly gone by so quickly?  I'm grateful for every day I get to be his mom, he's been a joy.  At two, he's started to get a bit strong willed, but that comes with the title of two year old, and really he's still a breeze.  Ollie at his worst  doesn't hold a candle to his brother's two year old melt downs, so I'm kind of just holding my breath and enjoying his sweet disposition while it lasts, who knows maybe we'll get lucky and he'll skip the whole of his "terrible two's".  

He woke up to balloons and a few presents, his favorite being a speed racer car.  He's very into cars, just like his brother.  For his birthday we went to Chucky Cheese's just to play the games, then went to lunch for his favorite, cheeseburgers and fries.  We invited the neighbors over to sing and have cake with us later that day.  Oliver loves singing, and really gave himself quite the birthday tribute.  It was a fun day!  We love you Ollie.
Just  a few fun and recent Oliver pictures:

4 comments:

Marshall said...

He is SOOOOO cute! I can't believe he is two already!

Staci said...

What a cute boy, he is growing so fast.

:) said...

Holy cow! I am so glad to see a post from you girl! Oli is the most adorable little guy. I well remember your pregnancy with him. You poor girl! I guess it was worth it to get such a sweet boy! Happy Birthdday Oliver!

Dangcutekids said...

Happy Birthday Oliver! So happy you're back to posting. We've missed reading about your sweet family. I love the new lay out and all the darling photos! Oh, and sorry about the sick day...that one will be hard to top!