Last week we got home from church and Lincoln was complaining he had an upset tummy. He ate lunch as usual, but then just started laying around groaning. Josh and I being the sensitive parents that we are thought he was just wanting to watch T.V. We typically don't watch anything on Sundays, but as Lincoln knows when someone is sick we are more generous with viewing time, which is one of his favorite things about being ill. So we really thought he was just faking it. A few hours go by and I was putting something away in Ollie's room when I hear Lincoln cry "Daddy" from his room. When I get there he's puking all over, and terribly upset. I tried to comfort him while he finished, he luckily has a big area rug in his room that he did it all on, and can easily be removed. Josh and I felt horrible for not believing him, and hoped that it wouldn't last too long. After a few hours of his complaining about being hungry, I made him a fruit smoothie and some chicken broth with noodles. He gobbled everything up, but quickly started feeling sick again. I sent him to the bathroom, where he spent the next half hour. Josh went to check on him, he looked green, but was holding it in.
Oliver is starting potting training and was wanting to sit on the potty. He had already started going in his diaper so Linc had to vacate the bathroom for a minute. See we have only one bathroom in our house, which at times like these can be very inconvenient. I plopped Ollie on the potty, but he likes to hold on to me, the big toilet can be a bit intimidating to a two year old. As I was sitting there encouraging my two year old to do his business, Lincoln went to lay on his dads lap in the hall. As soon as he lay down everything in his stomach started coming back up. I couldn't react quickly enough. We didn't want to get throw up all over the carpet, so Josh just sat there, trying to catch as much as he could in his lap. I took Ollie off the potting, standing him there, because he won't sit on the potty by himself. Unfortunately it's surprising how much a five year old can have in his stomach! When I felt he was done, at least for a minute I scooped Lincoln up plopped him into the tub, tried to help Josh up and move to the bathroom. Josh was just covered in throw up, and looking a bit queasy himself. We had to get Linc cleaned off first, though and remember only one bathroom. When I turned around to check on Ollie he was covered in poop, yes poop, in the mayhem, Oliver discovered he could play with his poopy behind. He had it everywhere, the toilet, his hands, and clothes, what a mess! So I got him all cleaned up, took all his clothes off, and stood him by the sink so I could wash Lincoln all up and free up the shower, see this whole time Josh is still standing there covered in puke. As the water starts going into the tub, Oliver starts peeing all over the floor. Josh and I just looked at each other and started laughing hysterically. We had reached the limit on bodily functions to deal with, and could only have a brief moment to laugh at this crazy parenthood moment, before I needed to start cleaning again. Josh made me grab the camera before he got in the shower, because come on who would believe all this. Fortunately everything cleaned up very nicely, including Josh. Both of us afterward felt a bit queasy, but we thought it was mostly psychological, unfortunately for me it was not. I spent the whole night with my own bowl and many trips to are very clean restroom. Luckily it was a short lived bug, and Linc and I were back to our normal selves the next day, just a little worn out. Josh and Oliver were spared, and I'm so thankful, there's nothing worse than a baby throwing up, I hate it.
So that's our funny story and here is the great moment captured on film. I hope it didn't make anyone sick!
Spock will never be the same



5 comments:
LOL...I am so sorry...Kristi and read your blog and laughed hysterically!!! We could only imagine what was going on in the Ferrin household.....you did good mom and dad!!!
Isn't that exactly what makes being a parent so FUN?!
That's an awesome story!
By the way... is that a goatee I see on Josh?
I'm impressed that you guys could laugh DURING the episode. It usually takes months for me to smile about something that disgusting!
Oh, come on! Is the goatee that hard too see?
Post a Comment