Saturday, April 12, 2008

Book of Mormon printing press






Being so close to so many neat church history sites, we wanted to take Sherry to see some stuff in between conference sessions.  We visited the printing press and the Sacred Grove and Saturday.  Josh had these missionary tapes that he listened to over and over again on his mission.  They really helped to uplift and inspire him during some hard times, and he really developed such a love for them.  So about a month ago he had a stake priesthood meeting and the speaker was Edgar J. Pinegar, the very same amazing man that authored his most favorite missionary tapes.  Josh was blown away, he was able to talk with him after the conference and just let him know how much those tapes meant to him, it was a neat experience for him.  Josh said his voice is so familiar and he is always so moved by Elder Pinegar's sweet spirit and testimony of The Book of Mormon.  
Coincidentally, Elder Pinegar was also our tour guide at the printing press.  He is an amazing missionary and I could totally feel what Josh was talking about.  I cried throughout the entire tour, and left feeling more personally committed to my own personal Book of Mormon study, which I definitely have a tendency to slack on.

Following conference we went downtown to just enjoy the warm day, and of course take a few family shots.  It's amazing how the town seems to perk up as soon as the warmer weather starts.  The town was hopping with people.  The boys were just happy to be outside, it's been a long winter for all of us.







1 comment:

Glenn and Sara said...

Hey Tara,
I almost cried when I saw these pics. of Palmyra. Looking at you with your sweet family reminded me of all the time I spent with my family growing up in those special and sacred places. Of course it looked a lot different in the '80s and '90s but the feeling of the spirit is the same. What a profound influence it had on my testimony. Thanks for reminding me of these special memories. ~Sara Jackson