
So a funny thing happened yesterday. I've been trying to get back in shape, so I've been jogging and taking these yoga classes provided through Josh's work. It's actually pretty neat. I take the kids to the paper where Josh has lunch with them while I do this Yoga class for an hour. I've loved having the break, and although I'm really not into all the "body energy, and free your mind" stuff involved in yoga, the class has been really relaxing and fun. It's nice being with other adults, and the stretching has been great for my terribly out of shape body revolting from my jogging three times a week. The sad thing is that I'm really not pushing myself that hard, I'm trying to take it slow, but it's still hard, and many days nothing feels better then lying in "Pigeon Pose" and just focusing on my breathing. So anyway back to the funny thing. So Lincoln has really been getting into all this yoga stuff. Our class meets outside in full view of the eating area in Josh's work, so he catches a glimpse of all the exciting yoga action. After every class he comes running out wanting to show off his yoga moves. It's great! Yesterday I was sitting on the couch with Oliver and Lincoln whips out my yoga mat. He starts performing all these great poses. So of course I had to get the camera out and shoot some photos. The best part was how seriously he took himself, you can just see the concentration in some of the shots. It was hilarious!
Oliver is now totally sitting up on his own, and seems to be pretty proud of himself. He sometimes gets a little too excited when playing with some of things Linc brings to him and pummels himself in the head. I've tried to explain that we need to give Ollie his toys to play with, but it's hard to get upset with Linc when he's doing such a great job sharing his cool toys with the baby. Oliver really likes them better too, there obviously much more interesting then his silly baby rattles, who wouldn't choose a monster truck over a teething ring anyway. So yesterday he jabbed his eye with something and in all of these pictures has a bloodshot inner corner of his eye. I felt terrible, but he didn't even whimper, so I guess it didn't bother him to much, it just looks painful! He's finally taking a pacifier too! I'm sure another parenting no no, but yes, I forced a Binky on him. It makes such a difference having something to offer him other than nursing. He only uses it when he's sleepy and once he's out he doesn't still suck on it. Plus at night he sleeps for 10 to 11 hours without waking , so it's not waking him up when it falls out. I'm in heaven, and trying not to feel to guilty.




No comments:
Post a Comment