It has been so chilly here for the past few days, I think the high was 60• yesterday. We were all just settling into summer and winter had to have the last word. I actually don't mind and when all is said and done truly prefer the colder weather, for many reasons. First, I just like cold weather clothes better, maybe because they cover more. (There's nothing worse than all the barely dressed people roaming around throughout the summer months.) Second, when it's cold you can always warm up with more clothes, a blanket, sitting by the heater, ect. When you're too hot, you're just out of luck. Lastly, winter activities are just more fun! Plus my most favorite holidays all happen in the cooler months:Halloween, Thanksgiving, and best of all Christmas.
The downside of this cold spell would be that we just planted a whole slew of tomato plants last weekend and a bunch of pretty perennials. So last night we had to cover them all with trash bags to protect the leaves and flower buds from the potential frost. We really don't have green thumbs in this family, in fact quite the opposite, plants don't seem to like us much. The only plant that seems to thrive in our care is the one we took home from Seth's funeral(Josh's older brother), which I think is very poignant and more of a tribute to Seth's life than any indication of our plant savvyness. If you knew and could see the beautiful garden's my sister and mother have created you'd think we had a gene in our family, but I'm afraid it missed me. I do hope that these tomato plants will fair better than all of our past failures though. There is nothing tastier than a home grown garden fresh tomato, yum!
The downside of this cold spell would be that we just planted a whole slew of tomato plants last weekend and a bunch of pretty perennials. So last night we had to cover them all with trash bags to protect the leaves and flower buds from the potential frost. We really don't have green thumbs in this family, in fact quite the opposite, plants don't seem to like us much. The only plant that seems to thrive in our care is the one we took home from Seth's funeral(Josh's older brother), which I think is very poignant and more of a tribute to Seth's life than any indication of our plant savvyness. If you knew and could see the beautiful garden's my sister and mother have created you'd think we had a gene in our family, but I'm afraid it missed me. I do hope that these tomato plants will fair better than all of our past failures though. There is nothing tastier than a home grown garden fresh tomato, yum!
Well enough of my rambling, the boys and I were outside enjoying the crisp fresh air, and I wanted to post the cute pictures I got of them. Lincoln of course still had the hose out, he doesn't ever go outside without making mud these days. Oliver was sporting some of his warm winter gear, so I guess he got some use out of it. He'll have out grown all of it, when winter comes around again. His birth wasn't quite in sync with Lincoln's, about three months off, and he's also quite a bit heftier so Linc's hand-me-downs don't always work. Anyway, they both had a great time. Oliver loves bouncing around in his little jumper while watching his brother hose down they entire backyard, until he gets sprayed of course.
Click here for more photos.
![]() |




No comments:
Post a Comment