A few days ago I was in the bathroom just trying to straighten up a bit and wipe down the sink. We had just purchased some new cleaner at the store the day before so I was attempting to put it away. Our cupboard was a bit full so I had to do some rearranging. The cupboard is located directly over the toilet and while moving things around I managed to knock out an almost completely full aerosol can of scrubbing bubbles. It came crashing down right into the toilet. The blow caused the cap to break off and it started spraying very forcefully all over. I managed to flip the can so it was pointed down into the toilet, but after about 10 seconds I realized it would soon over flow, so I had to move it to the sink, and then to the bathtub. By this time scrubbing bubbles were working their magic all over the entire bathroom. By then, Josh peaks in asking "what in the world are you doing and what is that sound?" All we could do is stare in amazement at the amount of cleaner they can fit in one bottle, as it continued to squirt wildly around the bathtub, and of course laugh our heads off! After the last of it sputtered out, I started scrubbing everything down, not wanting to waste all that cleaner. Josh later commented that we had to have the cleanest toilet in the neighborhood, and that nothing would stick to any of the surfaces in our bathroom for at least a month. Later, my sister asked if I had taken any pictures because she thought it would make a great blog entry, so I thought I should at least write it down, since I failed to capture the moment on film.
This morning Oliver was playing on the floor, with his usual layers of blankets for padding. We have hardwood floors throughout the entire house, which makes floor time with a baby difficult. Anyway, we have an area rug in the living room where he plays and we put extra blankets underneath to provide some extra cushion, along with a pillow or rolled up blanket behind him because he's still a bit wobbly. Today the boys were playing while Josh and I were eating breakfast and Lincoln started coming in and Out of our bedroom carrying all of our pillows, blankets , ect.. By the time he was finished our living room looked like a huge fluffy bed. He said, "I think this will keep Oliver safe, so he won't bonk on anything." He continued then to bring out all of his most favorite toys and anything else that he thought they might need, in their new little living room nest. He was very pleased with himself in the end and then crawled in under his comforter with his brother and began playing. He loves Oliver so much, and I know is so anxious for the baby to be able to interact with him a little more. So he's trying to be patient, and really does such a great job helping me to take care of him. This morning was just one of those moments I wanted to capture so that one day in the not to distant future when he is completely fed up with his baby brother, I'll be able to share with him a few of the times when he would have done anything to help make him happy. He's a great big brother!









No comments:
Post a Comment