Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Fun in the sun!












The other day was so beautiful here in Reno, the weather was just perfect, and accordingly we spent pretty much the entire day outside. It was heavenly! Lincoln searched for any kind of insect he could gather, mostly earthworms though, they're his favorite. We whipped out the octopus sprinkler for Linc to run through, he begged me to put my swimsuit on and join him. I however hardly feel comfortable yet in a suit and actually don't even have one to fit my post pregnancy body. He said "Mommy you can just run through naked" after laughing my head off, I told him I would just run through in my clothes. It's refreshing to know my three year old could care less about my post pregnant tummy pooch. It really helps me to let go a bit of my idea that my body needs to be perfect 5 months after my second baby, which is a notion that I definitely struggle with. Most importantly I realize that these two little guys are worth every extra pound, and that even if my former body never returns, motherhood is totally worth it!

No comments: