Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Nutcracker & school holiday sing along



Grandma Sherry had been working very hard on some murals for this years Nutcracker ballet, by Imagine Ballet. She really wanted us all to come and see her beautiful paintings. I was a little unsure how the boys would do, sitting through an entire ballet, but thought we should at least give it a try. Luckily this show is performed almost entirely by children so it's a bit shorter. They both did surprisingly well, especially Lincoln, he really enjoyed it! I love taking my kids to some of the fun things that take me back to my own childhood, we went to the Nutcracker a lot around the holidays, and even though Josh says, he's gone to enough Nutcracker shows to last him a life time, I think he had a good time too!


We also got to go with Grandma Ardis and Grandpa Don to the Olive Garden to celebrate Ardis's birthday! Linc still wasn't feeling great and kept having this weird fever coming and going, but he was a trooper. I know your probably thinking I'm a horrible mom for taking him anywhere, and I too was feeling a bit guilty, but it's so hard around the holidays. We'd already kept him home from a few other things, and this fever would go away and then come back.

The next morning he had his school performance and I didn't want him to miss it, so I let him go since he didn't have a fever, but of course it returned that afternoon. Obviously I took him to the doctor and found out he had strep. I know I know, worst mom in the world award goes to me. I'd been infecting the whole city, for the last 3 days, I felt horrible. It's funny, I usually take him in pretty early for things, but it seems like every time we go to the doctor it's always an ear infection or virus of some sort that doesn't require any medicine, and then I feel like I've wasted a copay. Not a complete waste because I like having the piece of mind, knowing I've done something, and I guess this taught me a lesson about waiting too long.

This is Linc at his school sing in. He sang every song, although it was a little hard to see him in all the chaos. I think Oliver had the most fun of anyone there, he was singing his little heart out, what a crack up!

They played some games at the end, and this is a shot of Linc sliding in to his spot during a frenzied game of duck duck goose. This is exactly why it's hard to know when he's really sick, because this is how my son is with strep throat!


This clip cracks me up! Linc keeps playing with his loose tooth and Oliver has a huge scab that takes up half of his nose from a fall he took at the Allens. We've been calling him Ollie the red nosed reindeer.

No comments: