Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Visit to the Moore's


It had been almost 6 months since we'd been down to the Moore's and Seth's 6th birthday party was a perfect excuse to make the trip. Their family farm has significantly grown since our last visit. They now have chickens and ducks, I can't remember how many exactly, but a lot. Oliver has always had a huge love for birds of all kinds, but when he was younger he used to call every bird he'd see a chicken. He'd look out our windows and see Robins hoping around in our yard and shout "Yook mom a chicken, can I pet it?" Trying to explain to a 2 year old that birds don't really like to be handled was difficult, but he'd always be so disappointed when he get near and they'd fly away. So when Tiff told me her chickens loved people and would actually come running up to their truck when they arrived home after being out for the day. I knew Oliver needed to see these special chickens. These were some chickens alright and Oliver was in bird heaven. He got to pet and hold them, Lincoln was actually quite the chicken whisperer.

It was great to be there for Seth's big day and also just to get away from normal life for a while. I can always count on the Moore's to provide sufficient and sometimes much needed distraction. As most of you know I have a hard time conceiving and the weekend before this visit had a miscarriage. It was definitely a loss and has made this past month a tough one for us, but I was reminded by a good friend recently that I need to not only blog about all the happy things in life, but also some of the hard things. This experience definitely fit the bill. I have to say though that I was overwhelmed with the amount of love and support my family and friends have shown, it really makes me realize how blessed I've been to have such amazing people in my life. An experience that could have left me feeling very alone and depressed had quite the opposite affect. I've never felt more surrounded by those who love and care for me, it's been truly amazing. Even my cute father-law called a few times a day for a while, just to check in. If you know him you'll understand how much that meant. It's still hard, but I have hope for the future and comfort knowing that it's in the Lord's hands, and that no matter what, he is here with me, and he knows as only he can the pain that we each go through in this life.


4 comments:

Dangcutekids said...

I'm touched to see you enjoying happy times, and hear your positive attitude. You are incredible. Really! What fun chickens too.

miriellebuck said...

Hey Josh and Tara,
Thinking of you and just want to say I think you are amazing parents and the Lord will truly bless you for that!!! Love you guys

Robin said...

Tara- I believe you'll appreciate writing about your experience later in life.
I've been thinking of you lately, now I know why. Your perspective is inspiring.
Are you coming to OH this summer?

Haybee Baby said...

Tara, I didn't realize you had a miscarriage until reading this. I'm so sorry! I had one in between Ethan and Ellia. It is a painful loss and I'm thankful you had much support and love during that time. It was wonderful seeing you and I wish we lived closer!!