

We had the opportunity this year to participate in our local village parade. We live here in up state New York very close to the birthplace of the restoration. We love living so close to many of the special sites our churches history. This time of year is the annual Hill Cumorah Pageant and we followed a huge banner and dressed up characters advertising this in the parade. If you know me well, you'll know this wasn't the easiest thing for me to do. Sharing the gospel period has never been one of my strengths, but being in a parade and handing out balloons was way out of my comfort zone. I feel proud that I did it, the kids had a blast and Lincoln did such a great job on his bike, it can be so tough to balance a bike going at such slow speeds, he amazed me. He also melted the hearts of all the kids and parents that he handed balloons to. It felt good and hopefully increased the turn this year for pageant.

Afterward we went to our ward picnic with a big plate of watermelon to share. There was so much food and even better company. What a great way to celebrate out nations birth and independence. Lincoln and I caught a fireworks show from our front porch to top the weekend off perfectly. I'm grateful to live in our great nation.
No comments:
Post a Comment