I had a great themed gift idea all planned out for Josh this year, but unfortunately if all kind of fell apart. Josh and I truly love doing special things for each other on special occasions, but try to not spend a ton of money. First off I wanted to find him a used grill on Craig's list, which I thought would be pretty easy, not so much. Even when I would find one I couldn't go get them in the evenings because I didn't have a car, and by the next day they would be gone. I also wanted to sign him up for this one day grilling class offered at our rec center, but found out it was only for those 65 and older. We did have a few successes though. Lincoln saw this idea in magazine and it worked perfectly. I had the kids draw some great pictures. Lincoln drew a family picture and wrote Happy Father's Day on it, Oliver contributed one of his more abstract works, very colorful. In photoshop a shrunk them and sized them so they would fit down at the bottom of a notepad type sheet of paper. Kinko's turned them into 5 notepads for dad to take to work, designed by the kids. Great gift idea, the kids had so much fun and loved the finished product. Josh is so the envy of all his co-workers now, I'm sure. He later picked out his own Father's day present on craig's list. He opted for a charcoal grill that is also a smoker(better flavor he says). Josh we love you.



No comments:
Post a Comment