Lincoln is also growing leaps and bounds everyday. The time really is moving way too quickly, he'll be starting a preschool class this fall. He's very excited about it, always wanting me to play school with him, his school is a special soccer school, and grown-ups and babies are never allowed to be there. It's so cute to see him sport around in his little back pack with all of his so called "must haves" for school. I'm only supposed to interact with him when he gets home, when I ask him how his day went and so on. I made the mistake of taking him his lunch pretending that he forgot it and was quickly shown the door, because "mom's don't go to soccer school". He really has quite the imagination, I need to be better about exploring it with him, all to often I get way to caught up in chores and my "to do" list, that I let a lot of precious moments pass me by.
Everyone in primary is constantly telling me how great Lincoln sings, and the other day Josh peeked in to hear him. I guess he really belts them out at the top of his lungs. It's funny, he's been singing our night time song like that for a little while and Josh and I thought that he was just trying to be silly, but that seems to be just the way he sings, it's hilarious. He loves saying prayers in primary which he does all by himself, and can be really creative. Tomorrow he has to say his first scripture, I can't wait.
My most favorite thing about Lincoln right now, is his genuine enthusiasm for other people. We went out to eat a while back and while we were walking in we passed this very disheveled young man waiting on a bench. He didn't look at all friendly, all dressed in black, and a bit intimidating from my perspective. As we approached him Lincoln asked if he was a stranger, which basically translates into " should I be afraid of this person" in Lincoln lingo. I responded by telling him that if we don't know someones name then they are strangers. Lincoln says " Hello, what's your name? The man tells him and then Linc says " my name is Lincoln and I love you. The best part of the whole interaction was the look on the young man's face. He then said with a chuckle, " I love you too, man." Lincoln was thrilled, and now tells complete strangers all of the time how he feels about them.
Click here for more photos!
![]() |
| Lincoln 8/4/07 9:25 PM |




No comments:
Post a Comment