So it's really been forever since I posted last. I'm so far behind with everything that's been going on in our lives, but since my blog is a bit like a journal for me I have a really hard time skipping over things, I just want it to be on here. Anyway there so much that has happened in the last four months, mainly our move across the country, but I'm going to start off finishing the month of August in Reno, and so on until I get caught up to our current life again. I hope everyone reading this (which really isn't very many people I'm sure, mainly posterity) will have patience with my past ramblings.
Trip to Ohio
So we went on this great trip back to see my family in Ohio and New York. We had an amazing time. We did a lot of fun things together, but really it was just nice to kick back, relax and have some down time together. While we were at my mom's we went to this amazing animal park called "The Wilds". It's a must see for everyone. It's set up to be exactly like a real African Safari, complete with cool open buses to view all the animals up close and personal. I can honestly say I was blown away by the experience, we were inches away from these animals that up until then I had only seen on television or in a cage at the zoo. You really get to see them in their own unique elements doing what ever it is that they do. It was great, and all of the kids had a blast. While riding around Lincoln asked our driver a question about the cheetas. The driver then asked him how fast he thought a cheeta could run. Linc said " I don't think that I could beat a cheeta in a race, but I am pretty fast. Do you know that I can even beat my grandpa! The whole bus started laughing! It was hilarious!
I also got to visit with Robin, who is a good friend of mine from college, who now lives with her family in Ohio. It was so great to see them, she has a beautiful family, and just seems very happy. She recently had her first son, which I think she is loving, along with her two beautiful daughters.
After staying in Ohio for a few days we drove up to New York to stay with my sister and her family in their new house, which is completely beautiful. It's a big old farm house on a few acres of land out in the country. Lincoln was amazed and wanted to move in with them. He especially loved there tree swing. It's a perfect place to raise kids, lots of wonderful places for them to explore and enjoy. We went to this neat place called city of rocks. ------- We really had a wonderful visit, and even got to go out on a date for my birthday.
When we got back to Ohio, I even had a chance to get together with my 4 best friends from high school. We had a little food over at Steph's new house. Lincoln even got to roast some marshmallows over a fire pit. Jameson is beautiful, and I felt so lucky to be able to see him, and visit with all of them while I was in town. Everyone seems really happy!



No comments:
Post a Comment