I can't believe how long it's been since my last post. Life gets way too busy, and after a while the thought of trying to catch up seems a bit daunting. I am determined to not get overwhelmed however, this is something that I really enjoy doing and if I miss a month or two that will have to be O.K. I will probably post some things from July, we had a fun 4th that I definitely want to share.
It has been crazy hot here in Reno, and I don't know how much longer a will be able to live in these dessert climates. I'm definitely ready for some cooler temperatures and a bit of humidity. We will be visiting my family back east in less than a week, we're all really looking forward to the trip, just to have some time to relax and enjoy one another. The humidity will be there, but I'm afraid it' will still be pretty hot, I guess we'll see.
So much has been going on in Oliver's little world in the past month. He now has two teeth, is crawling everywhere, and even pulling himself up to stand. I'm sure you can guess how this increases my work load around the house, we're pretty much in a constant state of disorder. He's so proud of himself though, and loves the new found freedom. The plus side is that he totally entertains himself, and provides me more time to do things, even if he freedom does in turn give me more things to do. He's also at that wonderful stage of really knowing who his people are, and hates to be parted from us. There is nothing better than walking into a room where he is, after only being gone a few minutes, and seeing the utter joy he has at my return.
Lincoln has been absorbing everything to the point of worrying himself sick. We have been talking a lot about emergency preparedness in our ward lately, and Linc is now totally worried about all of the possible bad things that could happen. The other night he woke up terrified to go back to sleep because he thought their would be a fire in the house. This of course coincides to reading about Abinadi in family scripture study. We of course toned it down a great deal, but he saw the picture.(we have one of those Book of Mormon story books for kids which we use to help illustrate the things we're reading) Horrified he's been talking about it ever since. He did the same thing when he saw a picture of Jesus on the cross. So I've always known that the scriptures were violent, but it never hit home until I now see it through his innocent eyes. He just can't understand how people can be so mean to such good people, and that's hard to explain to anyone let alone a almost four year old. He has such a tender heart, and I love him for it! I hope that he'll always have that kind of compassion for others, it's one of his great strengths.
"There never was any heart truly great and generous, that was not also tender and compassionate."
-Robert Frost
To see more photos click below
![]() |
| At long last |




1 comment:
Hey guys!
I'm sure you've heard but I'm having a little girl!!! I also wanted to say welcome to the East Coast. :) Here is my blog: heintz-family.blogspot.com and my email: j_cortney@hotmail.com
I can tell we must be family because we both have the same taste in templates!
Love, Cortney (Jacobs) Heintz
Post a Comment