Monday, March 1, 2010

wedding date


One of the best things about being back in Utah is being able to go on dates with my husband. We have so many family members out here that we never have to go far to find a babysitter that the kids love to hang with. Josh and I had a close friend's wedding to attend in Salt Lake so we called up one of his favorite cousins to watch the boys. They had so much fun and we were able to attend a fun function without having to stress about them.

The reception was beautiful, they had food, dancing, and a really neat photo booth that everyone could get their pictures taken and printed out , right on the spot. Then, you could decorate a little scrapbook type page for the bride and grooms memory book. What a killer idea. Who thinks of these things, and why weren't they "thought up" yet when we got married.


This was the view from the reception, it was on the 18th floor of one of the bank buildings across the street from the Joseph Smith Memorial building, what a view. I love more Salt Lake every time I see it, it's such a beautiful and clean city, and the grid system makes mapping your way around so much easier. We were married in this temple 10 years ago in December, and it still takes my breath away whenever I see it and think about it's history.

2 comments:

Rine Family said...

Tara, Love the pictue of you and Josh.. you look so happy.. Wish we lived in Utah.. I would be happy to watch the boys for you on date night.. or so you could have a fun weekend get away.. it would be so much fun to have little boys in the house again :^)

Dangcutekids said...

What great pictures of you guys! You both look very happy. I love the pictures of down-town too. What a beautiful, organized, clean city, and great lighting for a photo! I loved catching up with your field trip story, and the murals, which turned out darling. Thanks for your sweet email about our adventures here. Your prayers mean everything to us. We love you guys!