Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Buffalo and Erie County Military and Naval Park


So we had the most amazing trip.  We left on a Thursday and headed up to Buffalo, we wanted to stop a this really neat naval museum some friends told us about.  They have all of these old naval battle ships and a submarine all of which you can explore at your own pace, which was great for the kids.  They absolutely loved exploring and learning about all the compartments and guns of course.  It was a real treat, and fun for the grown ups too, it really gave me a better understanding of what sea life was like and the sacrifices people make on my behave.  I was glad to be able to include this into our trip.  Sad though that grandpa Don couldn't have been there with us, I know he would of just loved it.
My very own Rambos!

This is me totally breaking the poor barracks bed.  It slipped off the hook and I came crashing down.  It was actually pretty funny, although it took my husband and mother in-law way to long to come to my aid, because they were laughing too hard and snapping photos.  Oliver was actually on the bottom bunk when it happened, but he slipped out unscathed.

Linc pretending to snooze on the Oh so comfy bunks!

5 comments:

Robin said...

Welcome back Tara! I've been missing you.

Marshall said...

Welcome back! I just got done reading all of your blog posts. Sounds like things are going well for you! The boys are so adorable! I hope the move goes okay. It is so hard to move! Lincoln is such a sweetheart and Oliver is a cutie pie! I was very impressed with your cheap home improvement projects. They look great! Miss you lots!

Nanda said...

Tara, my sweet friend - i miss you! I've put a link to your blog on my blog (it's rickety ... off to a slow start on my part!).

You were hanging out in my old stomping grounds! I worked just across the canal from those ships. Our site was on the water. It was pretty cool to be near there. It's heavenly in the summer there, isn't it? And your boys ... so so handsome. I love you!

Heidi said...

Hey! I saw you on Ananda's blog and had to come say hello! What a fun trip you guys had and great times in upstate! You look amazing and your boys are darling! Congrats and great to see you.

Debbie Burns said...

Tara, I love you! You always have been and always will be amazing... even with your "bad" days!